Monday, December 22, 2008

Soaking Dishes, The Responsible Environmental Response to Global Warming


There is a science to washing dishes as most husbands already know. For example, scrubbing is hard and wasteful work. All work is wasteful, actually. Many tasty sauces and marinades become ugly challenges if left overnight, requiring needless expenditures of energy, water, and Comet. Not to mention the ugly recriminations the next day.

To meet this challenge I have developed The Soaking Formula. It is quite simple really, one just needs to exercise patience. All pans, I repeat, ALL pans must soak overnight in order to conserve water and labor. I have found for example, that when my bride poaches eggs in milk the saucepan becomes encrusted with burned milk. Burned milk is like concrete as we all know.

There is no cure for this although I do employ the most effective pre-wash known to man . . . our pet dogs. They pre-clean this stubborn accretation to the point that, after application of my patented 24 hour soaking formula, all I have to do is say "Oops, was there a pan in the sink?".

No comments: